So I’m trying to get back into the habit of writing to you all more often. Things have been like a circus at my house. I have a construction zone! Here’s a run down of stuff that’s been going on around Trout:
- My new back door got put in by my dad. The new door was eight inches smaller than my original door so the hole had to be filled in and painted. Still have to finish spackling the holes and do another coat of paint.
- Three concrete ramps have been poured around my house so that I can get all the way around my house. My boyfriend done two ramps the first weekend he was here and the last one last weekend. They are completely finished besides handrail on one as a guide.
- My closet carpet got pulled up last weekend and new flooring put down by my boyfriend.
- My outdoor lights have been put up around my house finally after a year. My boyfriend done them the first weekend he spent with me. The only thing we haven’t done is turn them all on 🙈
- My bedroom is currently in the process of a makeover too. My bedroom walls are getting painted and the carpet is coming up to be able to lay down the laminate flooring. I can’t get into bed because of the carpet and my bed touches the floor so my hoyer can’t roll under it. I’m in the process of saving up for the right kind of bed I need.
- The handrails on the back porch ramp was stabilized so they don’t wobble anymore. This was another thing my boyfriend done the first weekend he was here.
- Last weekend the glass in my front door got knocked out when the door closed. We knew it was going to happen but just didn’t know when it was going to happen. My boyfriend fixed it when he got here last weekend. It’s only a temporary solution until I can get another door.
So I’ve been having bowel and stomach trouble for about two years now since my last major surgery. I have finally come to the difficult decision to go with a colostomy bag. It will open up a lot of independence for me and so many more doors. I’m in a relationship with someone that I want to be Intimate with him right now with my issues that I’m having I can’t be so this is definitely the right steps going forward for me. I have done my research multiple times and still have come to that conclusion so I think I’ve made up my mind. I called my gastroenterologist and have set an appointment to get all the necessary test done in order to be able to see a surgeon. I go July 21 to have a colonoscopy and upper scope done. This is the first step. I wish it was sooner but due to the virus that is going around America right now that was the soonest appointment they could get me in to the surgical center. After all the test come back and make sure there’s nothing wrong with my G.I. tract that could be causing the problems that I’m having we will move forward on discussing a colostomy. There is only one problem that my doctor has brought up to me so far about trying to find a surgeon. I am 25 years old and if there’s nothing physically wrong with my G.I. track the surgeon is most likely not going to agree to do what I’m asking but if it comes down to that I will just find a different surgeon that is willing to sit down and let me explain why I’m warning what I’m warning. I have also decided to stop breeding sugar gliders for the time being. Since moving into my house I have had a lot of trouble with babies dying on me and right now I cannot take anymore heartbreak. I know maybe in a few years when I’m finally out of school and have more time I will go back to breathing but right now it’s like a sign that Jesus is telling me to not put so much on my plate. I love having babies but the heartbreak is too much for me to handle right now. I’ve lost 5 babies since February with no true cause. So for now I’m stopping.
I’m halfway through this term with A’s in both classes. I was really worried about being able to keep up my 4.0 GPA but so far I’m still keeping good grades. I’m looking forward to continuing my education but I’m ready for a break. It’s been a long year with only three weeks off scattered out throughout my year. The way my school is sixteen weeks and a week off. That’s a semester then one week off before the next semester. I may end up taking one of my eight week terms off so that I can have my surgery and recovery without having to worry about trying to do school work too. It’s honestly going to depend on how my terms fall in line for the surgery schedule when I finally make it to that point.
That’s all for now guys!